In my last blog post, I talked about the importance of a great job description before delegating a role.
In this blog I thought it would be best to show you an example of a job description that I’ve used for the Event Manager at Airwaves. This should give you a basic template of how to create a job description and also a good idea of one of the most key people that I think nearly every wedding business should have on their team.
So, here’s the job description we use:
Do you want to make a difference in artist’s lives and help them make a living doing what they love?
Are you looking for a job to supplement your income where you can come into the office one half day per week, but the rest of the time have the flexibility to work from home and even abroad?
Would you like to work somewhere where your ideas matter and you have an impact? Are you the most organized, detail oriented person you know? Do you have a passion for events and working with a team?
If you answered “yes” to all of these, then Airwaves might be the right fit for you.
If the following is true, we’d love to chat!
You’re a great listener but you also aren’t afraid to speak your mind. You have a background in customer service and know how to deal with all types of clients and team members in a variety of situations. You enjoy following checklists and procedures, but also know when you need to think on your feet to get the job done. You are organized, reliable and committed to being the best at what you do and have a history of doing just that.
As the Event Planner at Airwaves, you will communicate with both our customers and our performers on daily basis to ensure all of our events are executed flawlessly. You will speak with our customers and DJs daily to ensure all event details are collected, communicated and acted upon well in advance to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Answer customer and performer questions via phone and email
• Interview DJs and follow our rigorous selection process
• Assist DJs with on-boarding and ensure all training is completed
• Track the status of customer event planning questionnaires & payments
• Ensure all performers are prepared for their events and have confirmed their availability for evnets
• Fill events missing performers, schedule backup and emergency performers
• Spot potential emergencies and problems months in advance by analysing event details
• Handle day-of calls from customers and performers and be available during all busy event dates
• Send post-event surveys and update our performers internal files accordingly
• Strong background in customer service via email and phone
• Experience planning events
• Extremely organized
• Excellent communicator
• High level of accountability
• Ability to think critically and identify potential issues months in advance
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems
• Maintain the highest standards for our performers and customer service
• Passion for events, music and helping performers succeed
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service via phone and email
• Fluent in english (written and spoken) and very easy to understand on the phone
• Experience in events industry would be an asset, but not a must
Pay And Hours:
• Part Time/Supplementary
• $20-30 per hour depending on experience
• 10% commission paid when you up-sell packages to existing clients
• One office day per week (5 hours) every Friday
• Opportunity for profit sharing and advancement within the companyfor the right person
Airwaves Music is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are passionate about helping artists
make a living doing what they love. We are a small and growing company that books DJs and Musicians for events in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria, Ottawa and Phoenix. To date we’ve booked hundreds of performers for thousands of gigs, with 5 star reviews. Our vision is to help artists succeed by
taking care of the business-side so that they can focus on creating amazing art and music.
Our values are:
Treat Every Gig Like It’s For Family
Be The Best
Put The Team First
Humility and Continued Self Improvement
Email me with your resume and a quick note as to why you think you’d be the right fit for the job. We will also be contacting 3 references before making a decision. No phone calls please.
And that’s it!
We use the same job description for this role every time and we attach it to every job advertisement when we are hiring for the role. It’s saved in our internal Google Drive folder with all of our other job descriptions so that we can easily access it at any time. I hoped this helped. If you’d like, I can upload job descriptions for other roles in our company as well, but you can also do a quick google search and find all kinds of job postings for various wedding business roles.